The Institute of Technology was established in August 2009 in order to respond to the need for rapid industrialization and the changing societal needs of the country for sustainable development.
We aim to:
- produce trained manpower in the various fields of Engineering in its regular and extension programs;
- further, through relevant study and research, engineering capabilities of the country in line with the national development objectives;
- offer technical consultancy services to government offices and other state and private organizations; and
- provide and expedite appropriate training programs to government and private employees with the view to upgrading and updating their skills
Our Institute currently has 7 Departments and 2 Schools:
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Civil and Hydraulic Engineering
- School of Architecture and Construction Management Engineering
We currently offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. This academic year we have a total number of 5,657 students enrolled on our various programs.
We have recently established a partnership with Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAIT) and in collaboration with them graduated 15 postgraduate students in 2012 from the Civil Engineering Department in Structural Engineering specialization.
The Institute of Technology currently runs computing, manufacturing, hydraulics, construction materials, surveying and demonstration laboratories. We are also involved in a range of research and community services activities. Our work is supported by 243 highly qualified and dedicated members of academic staffs, administrative and support staffs.
Vision of the Institute
The vision of Institute of technology is to be a leading center of excellence and research center in technology in Ethiopia by 2020.
Mission of the Institute
The mission of University of Gondar, Institute of technology is to offer an outstanding, professionally oriented education, conduct applied research and consultancy service and rendering community services and Technology transfer that will bring significant change in all technical services in Ethiopia.
To find out more details about our Institute please contact:
Name: Mr. Birhanu Mulat
Job Title: Director, Institute of Technology
Tel (office): +251 588110422